How pregnancy broke my bathroom - Or 5 better ways to spend £1,500!

This week is not going well. The later end of pregnancy has led to plenty of tears as things that seem annoying or frustrating in your regular world start to feel like your entire life is falling to pieces. It started Sunday evening, the shower in our en-suite was blocked. After an unsuccessful attempt to plunge I decided to pop to the shop in the morning for some drain unblocker - around a fiver. We woke up to the shower tray (emptied that evening) about to overflow. Every time we'd flush the toilet water was coming back up in to the shower tray. The unblocker was obviously not going to cut it, I assumed there was a blockage in the Saniflo system that would need clearing so manage to arrange a plumber to come that afternoon. 

£5 Quickly escalates to £120

After waiting in most of the day and cancelling plans with friends I am told by the plumber - 'It's F**ked!'. Ok so not his actual words but its kinda the jist. That cost me £120! The quote for a new system plus labour almost caused me to burst in to tears right in front of the poor guy! I can only imagine my poor old system that's recently had to withstand up to 10 flushes a night as opposed to its usual 1 or 2 just couldn't handle the pressure of pregnancy! Which I totally get! There have been several times I've felt like I just can't go on! 

£5 Quickly escalates to £1,400 (estimate)


I managed to hold in the tears until after he left! Little Bear gave me a big cuddle and said 'no cry mummy, its Ok' and wiped away my tears. Anyway, I'm trying not to dwell! It needs to be done. But I just cant help thinking - This is literally the worst way to blow a grand and a half! I am indisputably 'pissing money away!'. So I thought, just for fun, to put a bit of a light hearted spin on my current disaster - How else could I have spent that money?


  1. Flights to Thailand - 2 Adults, 2 Kids - £1,464 - This is genuinely upsetting. We haven't had an overseas holiday this year as we decided to save for a big holiday next year. My best friend lives in Thailand and we had been planning to go there next year. We've just spent the equivalent of flying the 4 of us there end of March next year. 
    Me and my bestie on my last trip out to Thailand 
  2. 4,500 packs of Strawberry Pencils - £1,500 - A bit of a pregnancy craving. If you've never heard of them they are delicious! Go see for yourself! Sort of thick strawberry laces with a soft white sweet centre. I can't get enough of them! 
  3. 2 Nights in a W Hotel suite Leicester Square - £1,492 - My husband and I are having a night away before baby 2 arrives, we could have a mega upgrade to 2 nights in a suite in the W Hotel with steam room, private cinema and separate bathroom with centre piece tub including breakfast
  4. Treehouse single bed - £1,549 - Look how awesome this bed is! We will be re-decorating our spare room for LB once Baby 2 is old enough to go in to her own room. My girl would love this!Treehouse Single Bed Limewood Unvarnished
  5. Nandos for the 3 of us every day until due date - £1,535 - That's a kids meal, 1/4 chicken, chips and coleslaw, chicken burger and chips, starter to share and 2 soft drinks! No more food shopping, no more cooking, no more washing up, no more trying to think of what to do for dinner. Right up until the baby arrives!! Bliss!



























































Comments

Popular Posts